DVD burning software

Mihai Maties mihai at xcyb.org
Thu Mar 18 10:33:10 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 19:35, Darren Grant wrote:
> Hey Darrin, I tried what you said... I use gnome, so I installed KDE and
> started a session using KDM, from the console. Then I went back to gnome
> and tried to install k3b... I get failed dependencies...
>
> # yum install k3b
> Server: Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / stable )
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package k3b needs flac, this is not available.
> Package k3b needs id3lib, this is not available.
> Package k3b needs libFLAC++.so.2, this is not available.
> Package k3b needs libFLAC.so.4, this is not available.
> Package k3b needs libid3-3.8.so.3, this is not available.
> Package k3b needs libmad, this is not available.
> Package k3b needs libmad.so.0, this is not available.
>
> Am I missing a library? Or did I need to do something further from the
> KDE desktop?
>
> Any help would be appreciated... thanks.

Add the repository from http://yarrow.freshrpms.net to satisfy those
dependencies or you can manually download/install the flac, id3lib and libmad
packages from a repository that provides them ( http://freshrpms.net,
http://fedora.us, http://rpm.livna.org, etc. ).

If you choose to install flac from fedora.us please install the flac-libs
package too, since they splitted the original package into 2 packages: flac
and flac-libs. If you add both freshrpms and fedora.us repositories to
yum.conf you will need to issue "yum --exclude=flac-libs install k3b" instead
of just "yum install k3b".

Mihai