NTFS under kernel#2.6.3-2.1.204

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at port.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 11:09:11 UTC 2004

Ok, got it done.

I started again from the start of the guide. I was already running 2.6
so I loaded up the .config from that added NTFS, removed some odds and
sods and compiled. I still got the initrd error but carried on as
before. This time I replaced the system.map link with the one specified.
(kept a backup copy though).

Changed my grub back to reading:

title Fedora Core (2.6.4Custom)
	root (hd0,4)
	kernel /boot/bzImage-2.6.4Custom ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb acpi=on
	initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.4Custom.img

and yes i did keep the other entries.

and the result of all this effort.
IT WORKS!! woohoo. I have NTFS support. As well as a slightly more
compact and more modern kernel.

One Question?
I used the 'bzImage' file as per the guide. But all the other boot files
are 'vmlinuz'. This existed in my compile directory, should I have used
that instead?

Thanks for all the help guys
Adam