HP ScanJet 4570 (or 5500)

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 18 16:28:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:01:43AM +0100, Pinco wrote:

> Hi, Tom.
> I've just received a long message from HP which informs me that ScanJet
> 4570/5500 is not supported under any version of Linux!
>
> Ciao,
> Nino

> Dear Nino,
>
> Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
>
> Please note that HP Scanjet scanners are not supported under any version
> of Linux operating system and hence there are no drivers currently
> available for the same.  Your scanner can be installed only under
> Windows Operating System.

Thanks for sending the letter.
Each letter that they reply to can be a measure of a need.

The next thing we as a group can do is send other letters (with a proof of
purchase if possible for an competitors brand).  Tell them how sad you
are that you had to spend good money on your second choice.

Be polite and honest in all this.

I am convinced letters work.  I have sent polite letters on products
from soap to soup and seen thoughtful replies.  It takes time but
I have seen products changes.

One thing that any product manager has to do is measure a cost benefit
for any enhancement.  Letters are an excelent way for them to do this.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l