Hard Lock with Fedora Core 1

Small, Jim jim.small at eds.com
Thu Mar 18 23:24:32 UTC 2004

Ugghhh!!!

I think I know what the problem is.  I remember pulling my hair out with Red
Hat Linux 7.X.

For some reason, Red Hat Linux does not like KVMs.  I believe it's something
with the mouse driver.  I'm using a Autoview 400 KVM with a type 5 Sun
keyboard.  I haven't had problems with many other O/S, but Red Hat just
doesn't like KVMs.  Even just using the console, it will lock up.  Sure
enough, as soon as I plugged in a standard keyboard and mouse (directly) it
appears to run fine--no hard locks.

Do the Enterprise versions have this limitation too?

Curious,
   <> Jim