Hard Lock with Fedora Core 1

Small, Jim jim.small at eds.com
Thu Mar 18 23:53:38 UTC 2004

Looks like you're right.  I'm still getting hard locks.  Not using a KVM
seems to let me last longer, but eventually I still lock.

I'm using a Cybex Switchview too (Autoview is one type).  I have had
problems with KVMs, but the hard lock must be something else.

I've tried only using one NIC that doesn't share any IRQs (no bridging or
shared interrupts).  Like I said, this box ran for months without locking
running BSD/OS.  What could be causing it to hard lock?

Is there some kernel option I can use to help debug the problem?  Are there
any troublesome modules I should eliminate?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
   <> Jim