Samba under Fedora

Ronny Haryanto ronnylist at haryan.to
Fri Mar 19 00:40:35 UTC 2004

On 18-Mar-2004, Mark A. Hoover wrote:
> I took a box with Fedora on it fully up2date'd and attempted to mount a
> Windows 2000 server in a domain setup from my linux box.  The mount
> worked great, but it took almost 2 hours to copy 175 MB from an
> otherwise idle server.  When doing the same copy from a WinXP laptop, it
> took about 20 seconds.

I have the same problem copying from Windows XP guest OS in VMWare 4
to my fedora box, it took a long time to copy a file, like 10 kB/s
(not measured accurately). No problem from/to other non-vmware Windows
XP machine on the network.

> Any thoughts?  Something I should be tweaking?

Googling brought me to a few samba related mailing list posts
suggested that it had to do with oplocks or the setting of the network
interface (full/half duplex, turn on/of autonegotiation). Tried all
combo, but still the same problem.

Ronny