Minimum requirements for install?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Fri Mar 19 04:22:41 UTC 2004

I am trying to install FC1 on an HP pavillion 6330.  The label on the
machine says it has 64MB ram with 11MB shared with the video.

Anaconda detects an intel i810 chipset and successfully brings up X.
Unfortunately, I then get a pop up window that says that I am trying to
install on a machine that is not supported by this version of Fedora.

There is nothing on any of the other VC's that gives me a clue as to the
problem.  I'm thinking that it could be a memory issue, as 64MB is
mentioned in the release notes as the minimum for a text install, so I'm
borderline anyway, and then there is the matter of some of it being used
for video.  But I would have expected a more specific error message in
that case.  Any insights appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Bergman