SAMBA - F5

Chris Botha jcbotha at cedar.org.za
Fri Mar 19 15:56:54 UTC 2004

On 19-Mar-2004, Chris Botha wrote:
> I am having trouble with the logging in of the users home directories. My
> Homes consist of:
>
> [homes]
>     browseable = no
>     valid users = %S
>     writable = yes
>
> If I click on the folder of the user it ask me for a username and password
> OK that is right checked it in the passwd and smbpass. But it refuses to
> accept the username and password. I cannot get access to the folder.

Hi Chris,

Try increasing your 'log level' and see what's going on from the log
file(s).

Ronny

Ok I found that I shouldn't use valid users = %S but  only users = %S
(Doesent make sence)
I sit with another problem, when I create a folder from a windows
workstation I always have
to refresh the window to desplay the new folder created.
any advice how to end this?

Chris