libxpcom.so (was: root vs user)

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 16:03:14 UTC 2004

Pinco said:
> William Hooper ha scritto:
>
>>>if so, how and where can I recover it?
>>>

>>Reinstall mozilla.
>>

> But I want only OpenOffice, not Mozilla! :(

Mozilla is a dependency.  If you want all of OpenOffice's functions to
work correctly you install of of it's dependencies.

I guess another option would be to load the OOo src.rpm file, find out
what functions use libxpcom.so and rewrite them so that they don't.  Then
recompile and you would have your own personal copy of OOo that doesn't
depend on Mozilla.  Oh, and repeat every time a new OOo update is
released.

> Could I reinstall OpenOffice, instead?

You could, and your dep solver will install Mozilla for you to meet the
dependency.

--
William Hooper