Struggling installing software via Add/Remove Software after update

Alexander Storman astorman at elmresources.com
Fri Mar 19 18:07:38 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to add some packages via redhat-config-packages in gnome.  I recently installed core1 and updated all of my installed packages.  Now when I select new packages to install in redhat-config-packages, (like the Kernel Dev and X Software Dev groups)  I get a "Packages Not Found" popup with the error:
"The following packages could not be found on your system.  Installation cannot contiune until they are installed."
A list of packages it wants me to install appears under this (ie. 'XFree86','4.3.0','55').  When I use rpm to check the package info, I find that these packages are installed....

Does anyone know how to get redhat-config-packages to recognize these istalled packages?