Perl-DBD-Oracle RPMs

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Mar 19 18:20:14 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 19.03.2004 schrieb Alberto M R Davila um 17:47:
> Hi,
>
> Would anybody know where I could find a RPMs repository for
> perl-DBD-Oracle RPMs that could be used with apt-get ?
>
> I "googled" and catched some but none of them support apt-get, and there
> are some dependencies to be done normally with the RPM tool... any tips ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alberto
> P.S. Of course, I use FC1.

First: Please do NOT hijack foreign threads. Do not reply to foreign
articles if you want to open up a new thread. Else you cause misleading
references and thus threaded view in mail clients gets confused as with
this one.

Why does the wanted RPM have to be in an apt repository? Did you check
whether the found RPMS have unsolved dependencies? I doubt you will find
the Perl module in a Fedora repository.

Instead I recommend you build up the module(s) yourself. Have a look at
http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/ i.e. (I think you can get it at fedora.us
as an FC1 package too). With it you can easily grab the current Perl
module from CPAN and autobuild an RPM. This way I build several Perl
modules which are not shipped with Fedora.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:13:54 up 3:56, 7 users, 0.35, 0.18, 0.11
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]