Hard Lock with Fedora Core 1

Small, Jim jim.small at eds.com
Fri Mar 19 21:26:56 UTC 2004

Memory can actually hard lock a system?  I thought it would usually cause a
panic.  At least some of the time.  That's probably not a bad idea, but I
gave up on the system and got another one.  The new system is identical.  I
just pulled the hard drive out and plopped it in.  This one runs fine, so
there was some kind of hardware issue.  I tried reseating everything but the
old one would still hard lock.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen a system where memory would
consistently (within a short time period) hard lock it?  Not just in
memtest, but in Linux.

Anyway, I definitely appreciate everyone's help and I get to eat humble pie
about my KVM complaints.

<> Jim