openssl issue

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 22:01:44 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz said:
> At 14:38 3/19/2004, you wrote:
>>On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 23:45, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
>> > what can I, or someone like me, do to help test something
>> > like this so it moves from "testing" to "released" more quickly?
>>
>>Your installation of the testing package will not speed up the release
>>[...] if something isn't working the way you expect it to read bugzilla
>>to see if others are having the problem too, if not file a bug.
>>
>>[...] Did I get all that out okay?

I don't agree, Christopher. Specifically:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-March/msg03909.html
"...test, add your results to the bug report, and we can get this pushed
to live quickly."

> Yes, as far as what's good for *me*. The question has another side: what
> can someone like me to do to help test the code (say, on a spare system)?
> Or does the low level of knowledge preclude any help in this area? I'm
> looking for ways in which people (many people, not just me) can help the
> community in this process.

This is a good question, Rodolfo, that probably should be brought up again
on the fedora-test-list (since that is where testing discussions are).  So
far I think each maintainer has their own view of "tested" that probably
needs shared and/or standardized.

--
William Hooper