SMB Shares

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Fri Mar 19 22:37:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 00:29, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2004 15:54, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 23:46, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > > Sigh!!!
> > > Thanks Guys

> > Too soon to sigh!!
> >  I dont have smbumnt and setting chmod +s /usr/bin/smbumount
> > gives this error.
> >
> > umount: only root can unmount //chadwin/music from
> > /home/chadley/mnt/tmp
> >

> Did you use "umount" or "smbumount" when you received that message?
>
> Regards,  Mike Klinke

Well I don't really know, because I am using the right click on your
desktop feature that comes std with FC1 , it pretty slick with mem
sticks and cds.
I accidently found that it will also list any other mount you add to the
fstab file. I will try to smbumount from the terminal in a few minutes I
just have to find out why I am being told that the device or resource is
busy when smbumounting as root.
Later

Chad