yum.conf for all

Christopher Ness nesscg at mcmaster.ca
Sat Mar 20 18:10:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 11:36, Jeff Ratliff wrote:
> Is there a reason there is no "failovermethod=" line on this and
> updates_released?
> What does yum do by default if the first mirror fails?

The man page says yum's default is round robin (man yum.conf) which
picks a random mirror from the list and then moves on to the next one if
there is a failure.

This is a good method for such a highly used program as yum will spread
the load over all those servers (iff it truely is "random").

Cheers,
Chris
--
Software Engineering IV,