up2date synchronization

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Mar 21 00:35:33 UTC 2004

Sorry first reply got scrambled due to the mailman bug. Here again
without GPG signature:

Am So, den 21.03.2004 schrieb EB um 00:18:
> Hi all,
>
>             On core 1 I have upgraded a package outside of up2date,
and now
> running up2date (including this package) will fail with dependency
errors.
> The errors are erroneous, but how do I get up2date refereshed?
>             In this case, spamassassin is running at 2.63 - but update
sees
> it on 2.55 and will not understand it is already upgraded.

> Thoughts appreciated.
>
> Edward
> ebroo at phillips.com

> Name                                    Version        Rel
> spamassassin                            2.55           3.1
> i386
>

> Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...
> There was a package dependency problem. The message was:
>
> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> spamassassin-tools-2.63-1                requires
perl-Mail-SpamAssassin =
> 2.63-1

You seem to have RHEL 3 installed and not Fedora!

You might run "up2date-nox --configure" and expand your package skip
list to skip the SpamAssassin package.

Alexander

P.S. For RHEL 3 please choose the appropriate mailing list.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 01:34:09 up 1 day, 10:16, load average: 0.16, 0.12, 0.09
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]