problem making boot disk from image

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 21 14:48:41 UTC 2004

Matt Graham said:
> I'm having a really annoying problem.  I'm trying to build a boot disk
> for Core 2 Test 1 from the boot.iso image.

This isn't the fedora-test-list.  Please use the correct list.

> When I try to create it, I
> get an error.  The files seem to be copied to the floppy, but it won't
> boot.

[whooper at snowball images]$ ls -lh boot.iso
-rw-r--r--    2 root     root         5.1M Feb  4 10:48 boot.iso
[whooper at snowball images]$

I don't think you will get 5.1M to fit on a floppy.

> Here's the command and error I get when I try to create it.
>
> [root at localhost fedora]# dd if=boot.iso of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440kb
> dd: writing `/dev/fd0': No space left on device

No, you didn't get it to fit.

--
William Hooper