mod_auth_mysql

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Mar 22 00:04:05 UTC 2004

David Cary Hart wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 13:41, Richard Welty wrote:
>

>>>2. Is there a way to sync the database so that it adds and deletes
>>>entries as unix users are added and deleted?
>>>

>>i think it's up to you to script that. it'd help if you explained what you
>>are trying to do, it sounds redundant and unnecessary with the
>>information you've given so far.
>>

>I'm trying to control access to our Intranet.
>
>Initially, the process is:
>
>    mysqladmin create http_auth
>    mysql http_auth
>    mysql> create table mysql_auth (
>        ->   username char(25),
>        ->   passwd char(25),
>        ->   groups char(25),
>        ->   primary key (username)
>        -> );
>Correct?
>
>The question is, is there a simple way to sync the unix user data to
>http_auth or do I need to have scripts that will tie in useradd and
>userdel to the necessary sql commands?

AFAIK you will have to do the interface to make useradd and userdel
handle the database.  Useradd and userdel by default work with
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and deals with local access.

Maybe we need more information on the process.   For example, do the
users get a local account?, are they just being authenticated by
radius?, or what exactly are the parameters?