connecting to a winxp box

Aaron aamehl at bezeqint.net
Mon Mar 22 03:46:32 UTC 2004

Oh I am so sorry,

connecting a home network lin2lin is a zip.
The problem is that windows keeps making proprietory ways of doing
things that normal methods of lin2win fail.

In my case the samba route is a windows method. On Lin I wouldn't have
needed to ask for help. The problem is connecting to the win box.

furthermore in my case the windows box is 100 percent the problem. I
can't connect to my friend because there is no easy way for him to
configure his firewall.

On Linux configuring the firewall is a zip.

Remember that Linux is a networking OS by definition. The Web was
created on Unix afterall.

Windows instist on file names with spaces which only makes things more
confusting.

And remember windose did this all on purpose to discourage other
operating systems such a BeOs.

Also on other distros connecting to a win box is easier as well.

Aaron