Dual boot Win98/Fedora with grub

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Mar 22 06:29:58 UTC 2004

I have a machine that is running FC1 on hda
I also have win98 installed on the second drive (from linux, hdb )

These OSes were installed one at a time,with only one drive in when
installed.
What I want to do is  put the windows drive in as the second drive and
setup grub to dual boot.  It appears from the grub documentation that I
should be able to write a stanza in the grub.conf file similar to

title Windows
     map     (hd0)      (hd1)
     map     (hd1)      (hd0)
    rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    chainloader +1
    makeactive
    boot

However this fails.

Has anyone had any luck doing this?  and if so what are the errors I am
making?

Or should I bite the bullet, move the windows drive to the first
position, and reconfigure the fstab and grub.conf to boot fedora from
the second drive?