SPAM on the mailing list

Ronny Haryanto ronnylist at haryan.to
Mon Mar 22 07:05:56 UTC 2004

On 22-Mar-2004, Jeff Vian wrote:
> It would be nice to know what it is.   I am on here often and I don't
> send spam.

> 	FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS, RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK, RCVD_IN_SORBS

Your email matches a number of SpamAssassin criteria, see above, each
contributes to the total score of 9.093.

Dynablock probably means you're sending from an IP address which are
allocated dynamically (eg. dialup or broadband). RCVD_IN_SORBS
probably means you're sending from an IP address which are listed in
SORBS RBL. I don't know what BAYES_99 is, probably from redhat's spam
learning database.

I'm quite sure if you use your ISP's SMTP server to send your mails
then the score would not be as high. Only FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS left,
which is unfortunate because your actual email address' username part
does end in numbers, but this one should carry a low score.

Consult SpamAssassin for more authoritative information.

Ronny