Slammer

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 12:26:26 UTC 2004

Hi All

I belong to a number of mailing lists, I suppose most newcomers do the
same thing, join every club at first and then whittle it down to the
best ones when they have gained experience.

The one thing that really p*+!@s me off are individuals who refuse to
help or give cryptic answers, yes I know we've been here before, stick
with me and I'll get to the point.

Just lately some of the postings on certain lists have been getting
quite strong one guy said that he saw no reason to help anyone as he had
invested a lot of time and money teaching himself and why should he make
life easy for someone else! (I'm still confused as to why he joined a
mailing list?)

So I would like to create a new catch phrase for this type of person,
you know like, Spam, Hacker, Cracker, Newbie and so on.

I propose "SLAMMER" the idea being that they slam the door in your face.

If it takes off, in a couple of months time I can look back and say "I
started that".

Thoughts, comments and insults in the usual way please.

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk