Upgrade FC1 to kernel 2.6.X on laptop

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Mon Mar 22 12:34:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 02:30, K.M.Zammi Kahan wrote:
> Hi All,
> I could successfully upgrade FC1 to Kernel 2.6.4 on my conpaq presario
> laptop, but after the upgrade I've left with following issues.
> 1. Although my touch pad is working fine with /dev/input/mice, my ps2
> external mouse does not work as it does prior to upgrade.
> Any workaround for this please...........!

You need two mouse stanzas in /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

The first one is my external USB wheelmouse, the second one is the
Ultranav on my keyboards (both my external USB keyboard and my laptop
have the Ultranav)

> 2. How to make sure my sound system is using ALSA ?

I believe, though I may be mistaken, that if you're using a 2.6 kernel,
you are definitely using ALSA.

Ben
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca