Dependecies check!

Wengrzik, Andreas Wengrzik at ewr.de
Mon Mar 22 17:07:32 UTC 2004

Sorry!

Bad english... and the AW: depends on german mailing software, sorry!

I want to Install Cyrus Imap.
I´ve never had install it imap on this system, i have a blanc FC1 with only the main part of the system.

Then i downloaded cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.i586.rpm an tried to install it with

rpm -ivh cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.i586.rpm

now i ran into the first depencie error and so on.

Now i asked for a tool which lists me the rpms maybe from the internet and if i install this rpm
for example: cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.i586.rpm
the toll checks for dependecies and install it automatic.

Like Cpan shell. You know what i mean? Maybe you know SuSE and Yast2 ?
There i get a list and select 'Cyrus Imap' than Yast2 says dependencies on
1.
2.
3.
Should i install it to? - Yes and now Yast2 install all the dependent packages.

Thanks!

Andreas W.