red-carpet

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Mar 22 19:08:45 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 22.03.2004 schrieb Mike Tibbar um 19:33:

> Chadley, welcome to the mailling list, don't let Dalloz ruffle your
> feathers.  He believe he's a supreme being on this list, which is probably
> due to, his ever popular reply to any up2date question,
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

I do not feel supreme in any sense, especially not from just writing a
small set of instructions for helping people finding their way.

> For future reference, a few other beefs he has include users hijacking
> threads and not searching the archives before posting.  If you're not an
> experienced mailing list user unsubscribe from this list now!  Either he's
> never worked on a helpline, or as a service rep, or currently does and has
> so much aggression built up that he uses this list as an outlet to
> unsuspecting new linux users.

I answer questions and then point to thread hijacking when it occurs as
the list has a high volume and mixed threads make it often harder to
follow discussions. And most of those who first post and 'accidentally'
hijack do not know that this is the case.

And to the point with searching the archive: in my opinion I can expect
that people searching help at least roughly have a look if the answer
was already given before.

> In any case, welcome to the list.
>
> Mike

Sorry, I could not let this uncommented, though the subscribers and
community may judge themselves.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:58:29 up 3 days, 4:40, load average: 0.11, 0.15, 0.11
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]