Mounting External Firewire Drive

Jean Calixte jlc.bean at verizon.net
Tue Mar 23 01:36:22 UTC 2004

Hi everyone, I've had this problem ever since I installed Fedora. I've
looked all over the web and even asked in a couple of IRC chans; nothing
has worked so far. Here are the details:

I have an external hard drive that I connect through my firewire port in
my laptop. Right now Fedora detects it as an SCSI device sbp2, but not
as a hard drive. Therefore, I can't mount it directly by using mount. Is
there a way I can get my hard drive detected and mounted? I also forgot
to mention that it is an NTFS partition if that matters. I doubt it
because I have already managed to automount my Windows partition without
any problems. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jean