120GB disk problems

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Tue Mar 23 11:49:38 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 05:05, Jaime Abeledo wrote:
> Hi:
>
>     I have a matter trying to install Fedora Cora on a Pc with 2 hd of
> 120GB each.
>
>     When start the Format of the partitions the installer collapsed an y
> can't continue.
>
>     Help.

    Try partitioning the disks 'by hand'.
    Try running 'linux rescue' from the boot disk. Then use parted/fdisk
to partition your disks as you like, reboot and then try installing with
manual partioning and just select where each partition should be mounted.
In the 'rescue mode' you get 4 text consoles with a lot of tools. I do
partition my disc 'by hand/parted/fdisk' before I install in most cases.
I have 2 new 120G hdds here, but I only added them to the system after it
was installed. There are no problems working with them with RH9/FC1.
btw: One 120G partition slowed down the system (RH9)...

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79