RPM i386 vs i686 performance

Michal Zeravik michalz at olomouc.com
Tue Mar 23 17:16:27 UTC 2004

Chris and others,
I can't measure window desktop response time,
but It seems to be faster than original packages.
I'm sorry, I know this is subjective.
But graphical desktop seems run faster on my athlon-xp
when I've rebuild X and KDE.
Also memory consuming is much fewer with rebuilded custom kernel
than original (or atrpms) one.
System is more fresh I think.
But I have no numbers, sorry. Give it a try ...

michal