FC2 X issues

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 07:20:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:28:28PM -0800, Alex wrote:
> From: "Alex" <fedora at aleksoft.net>
> To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:28:28 -0800
> Subject: Re: FC2 X issues
>
> I was about to ask the same question.  I am getting No Analog Signal - Going
> to sleep message on my display after X tries to start and I can't do
> anything else but reboot. CTRL-ALT-F1 and like can't wake up the monitor
> either.

Something non-X related is broken as best I can tell.

Does disc #1 boot and let you see text?

As far as X goes any card should look like a SVGA/VGA
card and let you do basic stuff.  Thus the loss of Analog signal
makes sense.    What monitor do you have, does it have multiple inputs?

Check your BIOS for USB keyboard and mouse setting.  If you are not
using a USB keyboard and mouse perhaps the BIOS should have these
turned off.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l