samba crash

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Thu Mar 25 09:00:32 UTC 2004

On 25/03/04, at 09:57 +0200, Chris Botha <jcbotha at cedar.org.za> wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
> It has been a long struggle and finaly got to a halt. Still Samba that I do
> not get going
> I think that I finally crashed the smb.conf file. I did not make a backup
> befor I started.
> What is the basic things that I need to specify to get shares and homes to
> work.
> I am thinking of creating a new file to replace the old but do not get a
> simple example.

Just use "redhat-config-samba" GUI to get you started.

It will produce the simple file you're looking for. :-)

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg

Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg