PCMCIA Recognition

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Thu Mar 25 15:34:26 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Awhile back I had asked this question and didn't really recieve any response
that I can remember.  My setup is an Inspiron 7500 Dell Laptop using a
Netgear FA-511 cardbus PCMCIA adapter.

Normally when I install I do a network install so I am perplexed by what is
happening.  After the net install using the Netgear card in the pcmcia slot,
on reboot, the cards lights are on indicating a connection.  On further
inspection there is no dhcp setting set even though I set this on install.

I have to manually unplug the Netgear card and plug it back in, wait a few
seconds and then I hve successful pings.

Could anyone please help me determine the the heck is going on as to why the
pcmcia service/eth0 device is not playing nice?

Thanks in advance,

Phil