PyQT, eric3 on KDE 3.1.4

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Mar 25 17:59:46 UTC 2004

It seems installing PyQT 3.11-0.fdr0.1 (stable) with Synaptic requires
an update of several KDE packages such as kdebase, kdelibs etc.
Trying to install PyQT 3.8.1-2 (of freshrpms) I am advised to install
"themer" - and then I get an error message that the following
dependencies aren't fulfilled:
libqtcmodule.so.1
libqttablecmodule.so.1
libsip.so.10

The README-File of eric3 says the following:
1. Install Qt
2. Build and install QScintilla
3. Build and install sip
4. Build and install PyQt (watch for a message telling, that it is
including the qtext module)
5. Install eric3

Qt is already installed in version 3.1.2-14 (freshrpms), so next thing
would be to install QScintilla but the only version which is listed in
Synaptic (with enough resources included) is 1.2-0.fdr.6.1 (stable) and
this version requires an update of KDE, too.

Only problem is that KDE 3.2.1 seemed to have some bugs (menue lags
etc.) in my last Fedora installation so I try to keep 3.1.4 as long as
these bugs are appearing.

I know, this message is some kind of weird since I have no real
orientation point at the moment...

Greets,
Jannis