DVD as secondary slave

Paul Ryan paul at the-ryans.de
Thu Mar 25 19:40:13 UTC 2004

Hello I wrote before but my first letter was somewhat unclear as to what
my problem is my CDROM is the secondary slave,formally hdc now (scd1 or
cdrom1) and I can not get Xine to play VCDO or VCD. No matter what I do
it trys to access the  CDwriter (scd0 or CDROM ).  I have tried the
following

[root at localhost root]# ln -sf /dev/cdrom1 /dev/dvd
[root at localhost root]# ls -al /dev/dvd
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 Mar 25 20:33 /dev/dvd ->
/dev/cdrom1
[root at localhost root]# ls -al /dev/cdrom1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Mar 23 17:21 /dev/cdrom1 ->
/dev/scd1[root at localhost root]# ls -al /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Mar 23 17:21 /dev/cdrom ->
/dev/sc

Everything seems to be correct but when I hit the VCDO button it still
trys to access the primary master and not the slave drive (cdrom1) like
I want it to. I want to correct this for two reasons first the kids
shouldn't touch the writer and second I want to replace the CDROM with a
DVD. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Paul Ryan