Best AntiVirus for Fedora Core 1

Leon Phelps leon at itforesight.net
Fri Mar 26 01:23:31 UTC 2004

Thats about all we can do at the moment.

The ClamAV FAQ makes a very interesting comment regarding the future
support for disinfection and the end result.

"Can ClamAV disinfect files?

No, it can't. We will add support for disinfecting OLE2 files in one of
the next stable releases. There are no plans for disinfecting other types
of files. There are many reasons for it: cleaning viruses from files is
virtually pointless these days. It is very seldom that there is anything
useful left after cleaning, and even if there is, would you trust it?
"

http://www.clamav.net/faq.html#pagestart

I probably wouldn't trust it... lol..

-Leon