Anyone using an Asus Pundit or a PVR 350? and ideally both?

Fri Mar 26 10:51:34 UTC 2004

Hello everybody,

My aim is to create a MythTV box based on an Asus Pundit (Barebone), a
Hauppaugge PVR-350 and an Hauppaugge WinTV (Nicam Stereo).

I just received my Asus Pundit and the design is really great... And as
I had some free time, why not start to put together all the components
to build a mythtv box but only with the WinTV as I waiting some spare
cash to buy the PVR-350.

Consequently, as soon as I came back home I started to install the RAM,
the processor, etc... Everything went ok!
But the trouble started to arise in trying to install the WinTV PCI card
:(
The card was not able to fit in the allocated space... I just decided to
tried why another one (also old) a Creative Live 1024! and...
This one is also not able to fit in!!!! (See the attached pics)

In fact, there is a part on the board with is bigger than the metal part
of the card (N.B.: I attached 2 pics to explain, 1: the WinTv card; 2:
the Creative One) I never had any problems with a normal tower... but as
you can see on the pics, the red part is the annoying one!

Consquently, I started to wonder one thing, will the PVR-350 fit into my
barebone??? That's why I would like to get feedbacks from you!

Is one of you using a Asus Barebone and an hauppauge PVR 350? Did you
manage to make it fit in???
Or if you have a PVR 350, does it has the same RED part being bigger
than the normal PCI size... If you have a digital camera could you take
a pic of it?

Tanks in advance
Regards,
Coume

Thanks in advance
I really hope, that you are going to help me.

Regards,
Ludo

http://www.lubox.com - http://forum.lubox.com
Email Services, How-To (Linux,PHP,...), Freeware...
Come have a look, and you can even drop a msg on the forum!