setting up cable internet connection

Jon Shorie jshorie at medinaco.org
Fri Mar 26 13:26:54 UTC 2004

I am running a similar setup at home.  I have a netgear or dlink router (not
sure which I am posting this email at work).  My cable modem is connected to
its wan port.  Then I have all of the boxes plugged into either the router or
an additional switch which is connected to the router with a cross-over
cable.

I have Fedora, Redhat 7.3, Win2k, WinMe, Mac OS8.1, Mac OS7.5, and Net BSD
boxes hooked up to my network currently.  They all share the cable modem's
1.5MB internet connection and it just works.