What's wrong with my Java installation?

Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com
Fri Mar 26 05:05:16 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I recently installed java on FC1, but i'm not able to run anything. Even
if i try to execute programs like 'java' and javac' i get an error ;

"usr/java/jdk1.3/bin/i386/native_threads/java: error while loading shared
libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory"

upon checking the package i find that its 'jdk-1.3-fcs' that's installed
on my system. What does 'fcs' stands for?

I also tried to set the PATH and CLASSPATH but i get the same error as
above.  Later i tried installing "eclipse IDE" which supposidly has its
own copy of java and doesn't need to install java seperately (not very
sure). but that also didn't work.

Can anyone suggest what's wrong?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas