FC2 X issues

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Fri Mar 26 15:24:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:08:04 -0800, Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell
<mitch48 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 07:58:47PM -0800, Alex wrote:
>> From: "Alex" <fedora at aleksoft.net>
>> To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:58:47 -0800
>> Subject: Re: FC2 X issues
>>
>> I can boot with original kernel and with  compiled from source 2.6.2
>> kernel,
>> but with newer kernels delivered through up2date my system goes crasy.
>> It
>> actually tries to start X session, I can see distorted - out of sync
>> blank
>> desktop with an "X" of mouse pointer in the middle for a second then  No
>> analog signal message is shown and screen becomes black.
>> I tried to play with XF86Config, but it does not do any good.
>> Alex.

I know it's the wrong list, but I asked the same question and I"ll offer
the answer I got on the test list.  You need to change the mouse device in
XF86Config from /dev/psaux or /dev/mouse to /dev/input/mice.  It fixed the
problem I hAD with X failing on updated kernels.

--
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Mark Haney
Development, Systems and Network Administration
DoctorDirectory.com
http://www.doctordirectory.com