Installation freezes on CD-TEST at the begining

Caleb Rodriguez calebsr2k at acm.org
Fri Mar 26 14:36:04 UTC 2004

I had a similar problem with my Sony Vaio. I found that no matter which
distro I tried to install it would now go all of the way. I just about
took my laptop apart.

Here is what fixed my problem.  I puchased a can of compressed air and
cleaned out the vents all around the entire laptop. I then I powered
back up and believe it or not I got Fedora to install.

Hope this helps I have found out that Linux drives the hardware hardier
that the other OS.
- cheers