madwifi [was: FC2 X issues]

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 26 17:01:38 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Alex wrote:
>

> > > So, Why are you building your own kernel.
> > > What is wrong with stock ...
> > >      i.e. what knobs are you dialing.
> > > Do the stock kernels work for you.
> > >

> > I can't install madwifi driver with stock kernels.
> > Official release would not even compile, the latest CVS version seems to
> > compile, but hangs at install time complaining about null pointer. If I
> > compile the kernel without MODVERSIONS it works fine.
>
> Hm.. I'm using madwifi (cvs) drivers as of feb20th. Since then - the
> build process of the driver has been reorganised..
>
> However you should be able to use the precompiled driver for the stock
> kernel from:
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/kernel-module-madwifi

Opss. ignore the above .. I didn't zoom on on FC2 thingy - this being
fedora-list..

Last time I tried madwifi with FC2test kernel - I was able to
build/install the driver with the stock kernel. However it misbehaved
after loading (couldn't unload etc..) This is with
kernel-2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1 madwifi (cvs march-16)

Satish