BIND configuration file

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Mar 26 23:45:41 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 27.03.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 00:35:

> I have a doubt not really about BIND but about his module in
> Webmin....is it correct the module configuration, in particular with
> respect to named.conf directory???
> It is only a doubt, but I am not very expert, for sure someone is better
> than me as Fedora expert.
>
> Tnx

>  Antonio M.

I have no experience with webmin using for configuring bind. I doubt it
takes care for the chrooted environment on FC1. In general webmin is not
the tool of choice for each and every configuration task. If you take
for example webmin for configuring Sendmail you will loose your hair. It
is modifying sendmail.cf directly and not using sendmail.mc.

Back to bind, I did not fully understand whether your last posting was
about doubts webmin would be able to set up a valid bind configuration
or whether it would work at all on FC1. Running a nameserver I feel you
should be able to configure it without need for a GUI.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 00:40:17 up 7 days, 9:22, load average: 0.40, 0.51, 0.35
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]