Call for IT Survey Participants

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 03:16:56 UTC 2004

On Mar 26, 2004, Aaron Matteson <fedora at cryptosystem.us> wrote:

> Jesus people, all he did was ask for people to participate in the survey
> if they wanted to. He didn't ask for personal and political opinions of
> the method of the servey.

I'll start my own survey.  I'll create a web form asking the question
``do you agree with the assertion: using proprietary software is
morally wrong and nothing justifies its use?'.  Oh, BTW, the form will
only work on Internet Explorer.

Now tell me I wouldn't get biased results.

Sure he can run the survey however he likes.  But if he wants results
to be unbiased, it would be reasonable to not introduce any bias in
the way the survey is to be responded.