Server Data Backup

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Mar 28 04:15:56 UTC 2004

FTP thru SSH?  why would you want to do that?

Well, I'll dispense with the 20 lashes.

Without going thru the whole SAMBA configuration thing, the easiest way
you can copy these files is by coming from the other direction.  Get a
program called "FileZilla" for the PC which will hold the backup files.

	http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

Use Filezilla to get into the linux box as root.  You'll then have full
access to the entire hard drive and can copy over anything you need to
the Windows box.  Just gotta make sure the Linux box has either ftp
server (normally NO by default) or SSH server (normally YES by default)
running.  My choice for connection method is "SFTP over SSH2", which
provides me adequate security over the internet if machines are at remote
locations.

BC