Fedora core 1 sendmail problems

Homer Sapions hsapions at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 19:55:03 UTC 2004

I don't get any log entries for incoming emails, it seems like it never even
gets beyond initail handshake attempts. I'm not currently using tcp-wrappers
or iptables, and I don't currently have any anti-spam daemons running.

The only entries in my maillog are for local mail delivery and outbound
mail. I did see one entry about certificates that may be a clue, from when I
stopped and restarted the daemon.
Mar 28 13:35:33 <hostname> sendmail[16898]: STARTTLS: ServerCertFile missing

I think you're correct, Redhat / Fedora RPMS are buit with tcp-wrappers
support. I already checked my hosts.allow and hosts.deny, both are empty.
I've never used tcp-wrappers with sendmail support, I last used wrappers a
few years ago for basic telnet, finger, ftp etc support.

In the hope of it helping, I added
sendmail:       ALL
all:            127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

to my hosts.allow. As I'm less familiar with this use of wrappers, I assumed
that you menat 192.168.1.0, not .9.0. Does it matter that all: on the second
line is lowercase?