Viewing Hindi/devanagri/indic languages

Tobias Weisserth tobias at weisserth.de
Sun Mar 28 23:08:41 UTC 2004

Hi Brian,

you're some hypocrite ;-) but sure amusing (no offense).

Am So, den 28.03.2004 schrieb Brian Chase um 23:46:
> Tell that to my starving kids.

If you can afford Roadrunner cable internet and the additional monthly
cable fees there's lots of potential left to save some money, huh? ;-)

> admin at kclinux.net wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's right, you know?

> > As usual, someone has their facts wrong.  It's not Indian/Hindi people
> > taking jobs from America, its American companies like EDS, IBM, and others
> > that are sending them over there.  Plus that remark was way uncalled for.

We are facing the very same problems in Europe too. Maybe our situation
is even more complicated since the European Union is shifting its
boundaries some thousand miles east in a couple of months. You can
certainly imagine what happens when there are no more borders between
Germany and Poland, just to name one of the ten new EU members. Imagine
the US opens the borders to Mexico without restrictions... You get the
picture, don't you?

But it's certainly not their fault. The mechanism that drives this
situation is called capitalism and competition. It's the stuff our
economies are built upon and if it's the poor folks in Poland and India
that can profit from it for a temporary period I can only support this.
After all, economic growth and wealth leads to more stability. And you
don't want the Indians to be mad on you, believe me ;-) It's difficult
enough to control where Pakistan sells its nuclear technology already...

And whining about how bad the situation in the US is... sorry. The US is
still the most wealthy nation on earth by far. It is up to you to make
sure the wealth within the US is somehow evenly distributed. I'd
recommend getting rid of this barfly of a Texan first who is filling the
pockets of his friends from within the White House. But this is your
business ;-)

In any case, please don't feel offended. But your statements called for
a written intervention ;-) From European friend to American friend :-)

kind regards,
Tobias W.

  |  _ \| ____| Tobias Weisserth
 _| |_| | |___  http://www.weisserth.org