Bogus Email- Need help to do detective work

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Mar 28 23:24:36 UTC 2004

Thank you Tom

Your message below should be an education to many, and just amplifies
the earlier discussion on why HTML  should not ever be used (or allowed)
on a mailing list.

The big problem in that respect is I have received a lot of these spams,
that *appeared* to be coming from the mailing list but were of the
_forged sender_ variety.

Your biggest and best suggestion is *NEVER open suspicious mail except
with a pure text tool*.