USB error message

Carlos Rodrigues cer09566 at students.fct.unl.pt
Mon Mar 29 13:25:10 UTC 2004

Today I noticed something strange in /var/log/messages:

   "Mar 29 03:23:27 auriga kernel: hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port
1 disabled"

redhat-logviewer shows this line as an error.

I tried to see what device was prompting this, it is a Logitech
WheelMouse Optical. If I change it to another usb port (on another pair
of ports) and reboot, the port number in the message changes. If I boot
without it the message doesn't appear, even if I connect it after boot
(this appears only on boot).

I don't think this is critical, since I've been using this mouse for
months and it works just fine, but I am curious about what this means.
If someone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

PS: I'm using FC1 with the latest updates.

Carlos Rodrigues