KDE with duel heads - for referance

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 14:15:25 UTC 2004

While opening KDE I started exiting programs and starting others before
it was fully initialized and scrambled my GUI so badly that the only the
mouse worked on screen0. Symptoms included (on screen0 only screen1
totally unaffected);
1) Unable to get more than 1 virtual screen.
2) Crash when trying to change the backround.
3) No keyboard.
4) No window decorations.
5) Root and other users unaffected.

I moved the .kde directory in my home directory and all references in /~
and /tmp. This cleared all my preferences and allowed me to fix the
error.

This allowed me to fix the error/bug/corruption.
Is there a more direct less invasive way to effect repairs?
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>