OpenSSL break things?

St0rM storm at elemental.it
Mon Mar 29 16:34:20 UTC 2004

Greetings.

I've just "updated" a Red Hat 9 box to Fedora. The way i've done it is a
little "nonstandard" as i made a "rpm -F" on the directory containing
all the RPM, and made a few adjustment later (I'm good enough to be sure
I've done all right, but at this point not SO sure.)

What i've seen after the upgrade is that all was working good. Then i've
  made my first up2date. Between all the rest , i updated openssl , from
openssl-0.9.7a-23 to .

Then, i rebuilt HTTPD and POSTFIX from source RPM because i need them
with different options from the original.

Then (this is the sad point) i saw that httpd was not starting . I've
got an error loading libphp4.so including libcurl.so . up2date too was
not working, python script was giving out an error on SSL.

Reverting back to openssl-0.9.7a-23 solved the problem, both.

I saw this already on RH 8.x, exactly the same story, resolved only with
Red Hat 9 .

Anyone know what happened? Is a known issue?

Thanks.