Smb:///

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Tue Mar 30 13:21:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 16:30, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Ilja Kogan wrote/ha scritto, On/il 30/03/2004 10:26:
>

> > Is there a Samba Server or a windows-machine working in the network?
> > And are there on this machine files shared?
> >
> Yes, and it works as I can see files shared on this machine from aother
> machines on the network.
> Tnx

would you happen to be running iptables or some other firewall? this has
happened to me before. for nautilus to browse smb:/// correctly, you
need the following ports open:

incoming	tcp	139
incoming	udp	137:138
incoming	tcp	445
outgoing	udp	137

try to turn off iptables by running as root:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop

and see if you can browse. if you can, then its a firewall problem. if
it is... i can't help as i'm not that good with iptables syntax. but i
can recommend www.shorewall.net for easy configuring of iptables. =)

dex